Wednesday, March 24, 2010

bon appetit!

Being a dad is fun, and I've started doing the wackiest things. Like today at breakfast, I thought it would be great to pretend that the coffee press was a syrup bottle, and rationally poored syrup all over my pancakes. It sort of felt like one of those times when you wake up and wonder, where am I? Am I supposed to be doing something today? I looked down at my plate and thought, something isn't quite right here... and then a few long seconds later, my mind decided that the plate might not hold that much liquid, so I stopped pooring.

The good news is... coffee pancakes are a really good idea, and I'm surprised I hadn't ever tried them before. They're an especially good idea for a dad who has had very little sleep. I tried to convince Sylvia to try some of my syrup on her pancakes, but for some reason she just looked at me and almost fell out of her chair laughing. I'm glad I amused her!

Tomorrow I may need to try some hummus in my oatmeal, or maybe some cream in my orange juice. Just think of all the limitless possibilities with Lily as my muse!

1 comment: